Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 07:58:09 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:34:59 -0500, Don Saklad
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> For RAIN Records and Archives in the News
> a. Exactly what search engines are used ?...

Several search engines are used. Information/clues have been provided
in the past as to what ones I use or have used to gather the

> b. Precisely what search terms, keywords, descriptors are used ?...

general terms associated with archives, records management, informaton
management and subsets of those fields. along with anything else that
may provide relevant results.

> c. How are the searches constructed ?

sorry Don, but after 8 years of compiling RAIN I consider that to be
proprietary information. Now if you are willing to pay me a princely
sum for the information I might consider sharing my techniques with
you.

> What are these particular details for RAIN
> Records and Archives in the News ?...

asked and answered as the attorneys would say.

> Attempts to ferret out what search engines, what terms or to what
> precision the searches are managed to be constructed with the terms
> keywords descriptors being used have got responses about the usual
> general searching yet not the case of how it is done for
> RAIN Records and Archives in the News itself !

Once again the specificity of how RAIN is done I consider to be
proprietary. training can be provided if the right amount is offered.
8-)

> Cc:
> Peter Kurilicz CRM CA Institute of Certified Records Managers
> Public Relations Coordinator
>
> Academy of Certified Archivists

Why copy and paste all the information from that was below. Wouldn't
it have been easier to provide direct links.

any way thank you again DS for your interest in RAIN. I hope that you
find the information of use in your travails with the BPL (and now
Cambridge Public Library)

Peterk