Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:47:55 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:34:06 -0500, Robert Soutar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> This one is a little strange.... The posting does not identify the
> company and the contact is a Yahoo mail address?

what is commonly known as a blind ad. Companies will do this if they
have a high visibility so as to cut down on the number of replies that
do not qualify. as to a yahoo address I have two of them for a variety
of reasons. I suspect in this case the company is using the yahoo.com
address as another means of hiding who they are. not uncommon.

>  Hmmm.  I would be
> cautious in providing my personal information to this posting.
Agreed, but one could set up a yahoo acct and reply using that
providing some brief information, but not the full resume.

> Does
> ARMA not have basic requirements for posting positions on ARMA websites?
> Like identifying the company that is posting?

I would hope the chapter knows who the company is, that is advertising.

Peterk