Sender:
From:
Helena Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:51:29 +1100
I agree that email should be classified by content. Email should be
assigned to a records class and given a sentence based on content. To
delete emails on IT mandated time frames can be dangerous, not only can
you lose valuable business information but you can be made personally
liable for an IT departments decision to improperly destroy documents

Helena Lovegrove
Synercon Management Consulting

One more preemptive comment - by all means this would include email as
well:
email is NOT a series and MUST be classified by content. It is
dangerous to
treat email as a single series because stuff either gets kept forever
(bad)
or it gets deleted waaaaay too early to meet up with IT-imposed storage
or
age limitations on individual email boxes (worse).

My .02 on a crisp Colorado Wednesday,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, EDP, ICP
IMERGE Consulting