Sender:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:07:15 -0600
From:
Gus Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Well explained Dean!

And of course I'm prejudiced here since Dean is the archivist at our
organization, The University of West Florida.  But, I'll repeat something
that I recently stated to students in one of Dean's Archives classes.  That
is, if there is no archivist within the organization to analyze records for
"historical value" then the records manager MUST do this.  This is certainly
not to say a records manager has the expertise of an archivist...but that in
some cases they have to do the best they can when there's nobody else within
the organization trained and educated to perform this function.

Gus Harris
Records Manager and Dean's partner in crime at UWF :-)