Sender:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:40:31 -0800
February 2005 Chapter Meeting

Puget Sound Chapter of ARMA International

Wednesday, February 9, 2005

La Quinta Inn, Tacoma, Washington

Registration: 6:00 - 6:30 pm

Dinner: 6:30 - 7:15 pm

Business Meeting: 7:15 - 7:30 pm

Program: 7:30 - 8:30 pm

"Public Right to Know"

Since the 1970's, the State of Washington Public Records Act has provided
citizens an opportunity to request information regarding the actions of
public agencies financed by their tax dollars. This law has been the center
of both controversy and conflict as the debate continues on what is 'private
and personal' and what information should be open to the public. Nancy Krier
and Linda Moran, attorneys for the State Attorney General's office, will
provide an overview of the Public Records Act and also recent developments
involving the disclosure of information. We welcome Nancy & Linda back to
speak to our Chapter and share new developments that will affect all of us
as records management professionals.

Make your reservations in several ways: Call Chrissy Stroberger at:
253-926-5980, Fax: 866-560-0574,

register on-line at pugetsoundarma.org, or e-mail Chrissy at