Sender:
From:
"Tyler, Judy K Ms DACH-Ft Hood" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:17:28 -0600
We do have a dress code of sorts, it is part of our Uniform and
Appearance regulation, and reads:

        d.      NON-MILITARY PERSONNEL:   DA civilians,  contract
employees, volunteers, and students will maintain dress and appearance
in conformance with acceptable professional standards, reflecting
positively on the MEDDAC.   The MEDDAC work environment varies from
warehouse inventory management to formal office/clinic settings.
Civilian employees will maintain a professional appearance in the
workplace.  They must be conservative and in good taste.  Civilian
employees will use good judgment to ensure they wear appropriate attire
while working on wards and with patients.  No facial jewelry will be
worn during duty hours.

                (1)  In general, a shirt or blouse that reveals a bare
midriff, revealing (sheer or skimpy) clothing, shorts, athletic clothes,
beach type sandals or thongs, clothing that displays offensive or
obscene printed material and beach/outdoor activity, gym, exercise or
lounge clothing are considered inappropriate. Additionally, clothes
normally worn as undergarments will not be worn as outer garments nor
partially seen through the clothing.  All clothing will be clean and in
good repair.

                (2)  Supervisors will establish standards that are
conducive to comfort, productivity, health, safety and appropriate
contact with patients/clients or customers.  Staff will dress
appropriately for the work environment they are assigned, (i.e.,
administrative personnel - clothing appropriate for an office setting;
personnel working on wards/clinic staff - hospital whites or scrubs;
laborers - appropriate work uniform for labor work environment).

Judy K. Tyler, CRM
Records Management Officer
Information Management Division
USA MEDDAC