Sender:
From:
Gerri Bradford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:25:44 -0700
This has been an interesting thread.  I have watched our own policy go
from business dress (suits and dresses) M-Th., Friday Business casual
(sport coats & slacks/business jeans) to Business casual to wash day
(anything fresh out of two day old dryer).  Corporate had a fashion show
a couple of years ago to enforce what each catagory was and it failed
miserably. Open toe shoes for men a no-no, overalls also a no-no, but
you see them all the time.  Our policy was even written up and put on
line.

Since I never know when I will need to go to the records Center (dusty
and strenuous) I wear jeans everyday, but always with a nice shirt or
sweater.

Gerri Bradford
Record Retention Manager
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
75 West Center
Provo, UT 84601
801.345.3820 or 4522/4517

Paul,
The City of Lakewood did develop a dress code policy a few years ago,
but I
just tried to find it in our admin reg's and it's not listed, which
tells me
(something I'd already observed) that it's not being enforced in
particular.
Each dept director is responsible for his/her department's people and
the
policy did allow for different tasks and different types of dress.  In
general, in City Hall, we have a business casual requirement M-Th and
what I
call a "business jeans casual" on Fridays.   If I'm going to a council
meeting on a Monday, I dress better than usual (cuz I'll be on
TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!). If you're interested in the policy we developed but
no one
can find or remember, I'm pretty sure I've got a copy in the archives
and
could scan it and send it to you.

Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood CO 80226-3127
303-987-7091 (office)
303-987-7088 (fax)
www.lakewood.org

Lakewood's records management objectives: 1) Information is available
when
needed; 2) Records of permanent value are preserved; 3) Non-permanent
records are destroyed per approved retention schedules; 4) Discarded
paper
is recycled.