Sender:
From:
"Breeden, John B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:32:11 -0500
This thread reminds me of some work I did with Virginia's Digital Signatures
Initiative Audit and Assurance committee in 2001.  The committee was all
gung-ho to use digital signatures with everything but when I asked about
migration of Public Key Infrastructure and Certificate Authorities for the
life of a 30 year loan, they decided to recommend not using the technology
for the conveyance of real property.  That was just one of the issues.  The
real fun began when the discussions centered on how one would know whether a
person or organization REALLY signed something or had they given their pin
number, etc. to a spouse or subordinate.

John Breeden, CRM
VDOT Records Manager
804-786-0954