Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:45:25 -0800
At 10:54 AM 2/18/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>John, this is an excellent piece of work - Thank you for sharing (and
>you too, Peter)! I just had one question: What is the basis of your
>definition of an inactive record? I've looked for a definition based on
>usage in the past, and this could prove helpful.

Other sources would include:

http://www.washington.edu/admin/recmgt/files.inactive.html

http://xnet.rrc.mb.ca/recmgmt/chapter17.htm

http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/publicsector/rk/glossary/G-O.htm

And of course, the ARMA Glossary

http://www.arma.org/bookstore/productdetail.cfm?ProductID=1043

.... which is currently under revision and seeking participants to assist
in bringing the contents to date!!

Glossary of Records and Information Management Terms (ANSI/ARMA 10-200x
Revision)
SDC Project Manager - Alan Zaben

This project will be a revision of the current ARMA/ANSI 10-1999. All
definitions will be reviewed and are open to being refined or modified. A
special focus of this task force will be to review and expand the ARMA
definitions relating to technology, electronic records and electronic
records management.

letter "M" have been identified, reviewed, and edited. Task Force Leader:
Jesse Wilkins (Updated: 02/02/2005)