Sender:
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:21:03 EST
Comments by ARMA members are due on this report  by this coming  Friday. It
is a lengthy report (108 pages) but well worth the reading effort and  its
content offers many excellent references on electronic records (also  applicable,
in many cases to hard copy and other media. Even if you don't plan  to respond
(but you should) review a copy. I think its content is one of  the best
studies we have had on records and information management. It clearly  establishes
the importance of records and information management and its  practitioners.
There is no interdisciplinary conflict involved. RIM and IT are  both critical
parts of the process. This is clear throughout the report. Legal  concerns are
the key issue but total programming is addressed. ARMA is  recognized as it
should be and not as represented in previous reports.

The Appendices are of special interest and value valuable --reference
resources, program effectiveness questionnaire, glossary.

I urge you to review and comment on this guideline report, pro or con. Your
support is needed to make sure that it gets the needed distribution.

As ARMA prepares to celebrate its 50th anniversary, I think this is a
significant professional value document.

Bill Benedon, CRM, FAI