Sender:
From:
"Snudden, Bonnie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:36:37 -0700
I have been asked to participate in a IS Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans.  The following is IS proposed definitions of these.  You will note that they are mostly technical.  My concern is that business continuity is managing the information (records) to ensure their integrity and access should there be a disaster.  Has anyone worked on this type of issue before and have they clearer definitions that what has been proposed, and no we do  not have a record management policy to rely on, we are still struggling with the RM/IS power, but this could be an opportunity to engage them in this process.  What do you think??  We have a kick off meeting next month and I would like to be forearmed as well as forewarned.  LOL
Definitions: Disaster Recovery: the process of recovering the technical infrastructure to support the business applications or services.........
Business Continuity: the process of running the business while the technical infrastructure is unavailable until the disaster recovery is completed.
Pretty ambiguous in my mind.
Thanks,
Bonnie Snudden, Team Leader
Syncrude Extraction Information Management
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Email:  [log in to unmask]