Sender:
From:
"Nelson, Kelly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:04:31 -0500
I'm hoping someone on the listserv can help clear things up for me.  I
work for a manufacturing company that has always been a family/privately
owned company.  Well they have just sold it to a three person
partnership.  This partnership invests in companies for assets which are
placed in a tax sheltered trust for the benefit of future generations of
their partnership.  They are a very "hands-off" partnership.  Our
current management will still be in place running everything the same
way; they claim it will be a seamless transition.

I guess my question comes in with the records of the company.  Has
anyone ever dealt with a situation like this, where a company has been
sold to a privately owned partnership?  With this type of transaction
does the partnership now take over any or all of the records if they
claim to be a "hands-off" operation or do we still control them as is?

Any light on this situation would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Kelly A. Nelson

Corporate Records Administrator

McGard, Inc.

www.mcgard.com

716-662-8980

716-662-8985 fax

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any attachment may contain confidential and copyrighted materials, proprietary information and trade secrets of the sender which are only for the use of the intended recipient.  All copyrights and intellectual property rights in this transmission and its contents are hereby expressly asserted and reserved by the sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, or by unauthorized means, any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of an action in reliance upon this communication is strictly prohibited and may result in severe criminal and civil penalties under applicable federal and state laws.  If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the original message.  Thank you.