Sender:
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:17:52 +1100
From:
"Gerard J. Nicol" <[log in to unmask]>
Hugh,

In any education process it is important to not overstate your case.

Rather than using the driving analogy I think AIDS prevention is probably
more appropriate.

At one end of the spectrum you have health workers in Africa trying to
promote the use of condoms, while at the same time the Vatican is promoting
abstinence and telling people that the AIDS virus can penetrate latex.

The end result is people just ignoring all messages.

So, if you run around telling people who have been mistreating tape for 2
decades that they are so fragile that a 1m drop is catastrophic they will
pay no attention because they see it happen every day.

There are over 2000 people on this list, and despite your taunts none of
them have really offered much of a perspective on this issue.

Why not create a Zoomerang survey and ask people first if they have every
done a DR test, then of those who have, ask them if it was successful and if
not why not.

Gerard