Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:45:24 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:36:16 -0600, Steve Petersen
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>   My question is would these IM's be
> considered a public record?  Don't know that much about it coming from
> private industry but it did raise my curiosity

I think a good attorney could make the case that IM is just like email
and if the good folks in your state are supposed to have open meetings
then they may be in violation of that law by using IM. Of course there
are cases out there involving email discussions amongst elected
officials for which (if my memory serves me correctly) the number of
officials involved in the email discusssion played a part.

but enough rambling I'll defer to our resident legal experts

--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va