Sender:
From:
Audrey Byrd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:45:36 -0500
Amen to everything Larry said.

Whatever bad habits you have in managing your paper records will follow
you into electronics records management, only on a much larger scale!
Unfortunately, many companies don't spend the time required up front to
get their document processes and related processes in order before trying
to choose and implement an IT solution to automate those processes.  And
always, always, always ask the why question. Why do we want to buy this
software? What problem(s) are we trying to solve? Then filter each
solution against those desired results. Watch out for scope creep, too!

Audrey Byrd
EDMS System Coordinator
E&O Administrative Services Team
865.558.2458