Sender:
From:
JESSE WILKINS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:27:27 -0700
I agree completely with what Blake, Larry, and others have noted - as the
old saying goes, "don't pave the cowpath". The RM program, policy, schedule,
etc. needs to be in place before the technology can be successfully applied.

There are a number of consultants that can assist in assessing the state of
your RM program to ensure the pieces are in place - and help you with
selecting a vendor that meets your specific requirements as well as RM best
practices. Full disclosure: IMERGE is one such consulting firm, AND we are
finalizing a two-day workshop that identifies those best practices and
teaches organizations that DON'T have solid records programs what needs to
go in a policy, and how to research a schedule, and how to manage records
(when to destroy, how to implement and clear legal holds, etc.). But
engaging one of these firms may be a way to ensure that when you do purchase
and implement software that it is done efficiently, effectively, and
correctly.

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, EDP, ICP