Sender:
From:
"Sullivan, Melody" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:56:26 -0700
Avoid translation software.

-----Original Message-----
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Johnson, Earl [CRDUS non j&J]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 3:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RM documentation translation issues...

Good (Late) Afternoon ListServe,

My client has offices in Mexico, Puerto Rico, and The Netherlands where,
in addition to their US locations, we publish records management
policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, instructions, etc.  For
those of you who work for international companies, how do you handle
translating your RM documents into the various languages of the
countries in which you operate?

We're looking at a number of options including hiring a translation
service or using translation software (we'd be concerned about
accuracy).  All of our documentation is created here in Miami Lakes in
English, and must be translated into "Puerto Rican" Spanish, "Mexican"
Spanish--which, (and I must confess my ignorance here) I didn't know was
different than Puerto Rican Spanish, and The Netherlands' Dutch
language.  We're also looking at what other departments and functions
here are doing for  documents they share with these other foreign
offices.

Any and all comments are welcome.

Thanks.
Earl

Earl Johnson, Jr., Consultant, WW Records Management Cordis Corporation
(a Johnson & Johnson Company) Miami Lakes, FL
Office:    (786) 313-6139
Fax:        (786) 313-2273
E-mail:   [log in to unmask]
WWW:    http://www.jnj.com/home.htm

> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission may contain
> confidential or legally privileged information that is intended only
> for the individual or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are
> not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of
> this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
> transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that Johnson &
> Johnson can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete the
message from your inbox. Thank you.