Sender:
From:
Bobbie Minier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 06:44:30 -0400
My name is Sue Burd and I work for Access Business Group. I am new to this
(just signed up last week), so please excuse me if these questions have
already been asked before.

I am working on a huge project at my company on Email Management. We are
just at the "gathering information" stage about what we as a company want,
what we as an Email Management Team want, etc. However, we also have a few
questions that I thought all of you might be able to help with.

   Is anyone out there really managing email?
   If you are managing email, can you share some of the phases you went
   through, the steps, any concerns you had, any lessons learned, etc.,
   that you went through for selecting a solution?
   If you are managing email, what are you doing now? How is it affecting
   the employees and their work?
   At what point in time are you applying the retention to the email? Does
   it go into an instant repository that the retention time is applied as
   the email hits your server? Or, does it stay in an active area for a few
   days before having the retention time applied to it?
   Is the categorization applied by the user (user intervention) or as the
   email hits your server (automatic)?
   If you are able to, can you share with me the name of the product that
   you chose to implement?
   How many people have email at your company that this is affecting?

Thanks in advance for any input and/or information you have. I know this is
going to be a huge undertaking, but I thought, who better to ask than the
Records Management ListServ? Someone has to be doing this, right?

Thanks!
Sue Burd