Sender:
From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:38:40 -0500
I have a question for this esteemed group regarding Engineering drawings
currently being stored.  These drawings are of different material (Mylar,
Velliums, and paper tracings) all rolled and stored within the same boxes
potentially.  They're going to be off-sited and digitized on demand and
the project team wants to know the degree of protection we need to
preserve them.   We currently have them in general storage with no
temperature or humidity control and I want to correct that.  The problem
is we don't know if these drawings have digitized versions,appeture
cards,microfilm,etc in addition to the original tracing.  After much
discussion/debate the decision was made to limit the effort to clean-up
the duplicates and just store them.  We struggle with the level of
protection needed and the risk management people haven't been much help.
My question- Are there differences in the temps/humidity needed to store
the tracings based on the varied material types in case of fire,etc.

Thanks- Steve