Sender:
From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:38:23 -0500
Lorrin,  Oh great - Another CRM brainwashed by Wittaker.  Actually  that
was one of the first things the department wanted to do BUT when we made
them do a cost benefit analysis it was cost prohibitive.  Some background-
11 million + aperture cards,7,000 + rolls of microfilm,8-9,000 boxes/flat
files of tracings, 85-90% of which will never be accessed.  The cost came
to 6+ years of effort(staff of 10-12) and almost 26 million dollars.
   I also have concerns with our current on-line digitized drawing system
from both a performance and a vital record disaster recovery direction but
that's another story for another time.

Steve