Sender:
From:
Tim Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:49:19 -0500
Here's something besides taxes to ponder on a Friday.

I heard on the radio this morning that McDonald's is celebrating their 50th birthday.  Did you know about this?  There's only a small bit of info on the McDonald's website.  It seems to me, having seen Disney's 50th birthday commercials for the past year, that McDonald's would want to advertise this milestone.  They could run old commercials - "McDonald's is my kind of place," "Ronald McDonald & His Flying Hamburger" and of course "You Deserve a Break Today."  Have a Ronald McDonald reunion.  Things like that.  But other than the news article this morning, I haven't heard anything!

Maybe they don't need the publicity.  Maybe someone dropped the ball in promoting this.  Or maybe they didn't preserve enough records to document their history.  This is just speculation, but I wonder how good their RM program is...

So, let me ask you, fellow RM's.  When YOUR company (or government agency) hits a milestone such as this, will you have preserved the records that can document its history?  Yet, how do you recognize in a fledgling company that your first purchase of Item X will be a historical record someday?

Has Larry M been rubbing off on me?

Tim Barnard, Records Management Clerk
Harrison County, Mississippi
Phone (228) 865-4121 Fax (228) 865-4140