Sender:
From:
Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:49:42 -0600
Larry wrote: "Now, while I'm not making this comment as an attempt to be
over critical of the process, I'd caution some of those graders to think
long and hard about some of the BASIC QUESTIONS posed here on the Recmgmt-L
Listserv by way too many people who sport a CRM after their names, not to
mention the plethora of "Part VI" type questions posed by the same people."

OK, I'll bite - just because you KNOW how to reinvent the wheel doesn't mean
it's necessary if there are others out there who've done what you're looking
to do.  That's how I view a lot of the questions on the listserv that ask
something like "Have any of you done this or that and how did you do it?" Is
that what you're talking about, Larry?

Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood CO 80226-3127
303-987-7091 (office)
303-987-7088 (fax)
www.lakewood.org

Lakewood's records management objectives: 1) Information is available when
needed; 2) Records of permanent value are preserved; 3) Non-permanent
records are destroyed per approved retention schedules; 4) Discarded paper
is recycled.