Sender:
From:
Gerry van Houten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:43:29 -0400
Laiche, Elizabeth writes: "My organization is already ISO 9000 and
ISO 14000 certified (and has been for 4 years), and as I said in my
prior e-mail, my records/document control program is--and has been-ISO
15489 "compliant" for 3 years.  Senior Management will simply not spend
any more money or resources to document our ISO 15489 compatibility if
there is no other benefit than that which we already have and can
already do (i.e., the ability to stand up, wave an ISO 15489 flag, and
proclaim ourselves to be in compliance with no one to validate that
claim).  We can't use it to benchmark or develop our program, since we
are already there.  Using 15489 in conjunction with 9000, however, might
be a selling point. I'll give it a try."

By all means give it a try but I would strongly urge you to consult your
third party ISO 9001 auditor first to find out how they would view such a
linkage.

Gerry van Houten
Archives of Ontario
77 Grenville Street