Sender:
From:
"Millican, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 09:02:02 -0400

A person who is pulling down 30K a year has the opportunity to "obtain" two to three times that amount in less than an hour? Maybe a whole lot more.

It seems that we in the information management industry appear to be a bit squeamish (love that word) in saying what might really be going on. I am surely not making any accusations, but we do live and operate in a world of highly sophisticated crime. And, if there is the possibility, much less the reality, that this activity is being (or will be) investigated by the Secret Service (according to the Time Warner spokeswoman Kathy McKiernan), others must be concerned that this could be more than a simple mishandling of materials.

Storage Vendor Contracts to include Regular and Unscheduled Visits and Audits of Storage Vendor Sites at the Clients Choosing: If you are not auditing your storage vendor's activities (all of them), the door has been left unlocked and wide open.

Bill

Bill Millican
eSentio Technologies

My employer may or may not necessarily agree with my viewpoint.