Sender:
From:
John Guthrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 09:43:51 -0700
<<John, sorry you did not receive the responses you wanted.  From memory I
think in your original posting you limited your survey target to
government or local governments in southern California.  I did not reply
to your post as I am in northern Nevada, and the cost of real estate
here is approximately 1/2 that of the LA metro area and the San Diego
metro area.<<

Thanks for the info Steve, I had limited the original scope of the request
to the SoCal area as the goal was to look at areas that would be somewhat
competitive in size and cost of living. While northern San Diego County
costs are indexed as lower, the cost of most items are fairly consistent
from LA to San Diego (some differences in tax rates, etc. and the cost of
fuel is even higher!) with the biggest difference being in the cost of
housing. Although when the average 4 bdrm 40 yr old home sells for $460-500K
it is hard to follow the logic of the "lower cost area".

John