Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 09:15:55 -0700
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I have to agree with my esteemed colleague from the Pacific Northwest on
this.

What you're doing here is nothing more than simple migration to avoid media
obsolesence, which is a sound business practice and because you're not
making any changes to the data (and are fully capturing all aspects of the
record, including the metadata) the only thing that's being altered
(possibly) is the creation or access data on the propeties log.

Depending on how anal your organization is, about the only other step you
might want to consider taking is writing a memo to file stating what you did
when and why you did it, and what data you did it to.

Larry

....nice to see you back, Flynn