Sender:
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 11:03:17 -0700
From:
More than a few years ago I got certified. While some would say I have
always been certifiable the proof was in the pudding. As a result my
boss asked me how much I was now worth. I replied "a bunch". This answer
was less than satisfactory. A lot, was no better. I pointed her to the
ubiquitous salary survey we have all come to know and love. While the
survey was well done and did show that CRM's were worth their weight in
nickels (you didn't think I got fat without a reason did you?), it
proved to have one less than fatal flaw.

Called into my boss's office I was asked rather directly, if I was sure
I had been in the profession more than ten years. She asked again if I
was sure. Turns out that at the time Records Managers working few3er
years were making about seven thousand dollars a year more. While that
might not seem like much to Peter, these were American dollars and it
seems like real money to me. So always read the fine print, read the
survey before your boss does, and if you have to lie about your age I
don't want to know.

Chris Flynn