Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 16:57:11 -0400
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On 5/17/05, Piotrowski, Charles <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> P.S. I know it is only Tuesday, but an OT type question presented itself
> today:
>
> Is there any religion that forbids the use of credit cards?

Some Muslims might say that credit cards are not allowed because
interest is charged and usury is condemned in the Koran.

when I was in Saudi Arabia it was primarily a cash economy. very few
establishments took credit cards because the card issuers (MasterCard,
VISA, et al) charge the establishments a few points for the privilege
of using the cards. This didn't allow for the custom of haggling over
the price.

pak

--
Peter Kurilecz