Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 10:03:10 -0400
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On 5/18/05, Johnson, Earl [CRDUS non j&J] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>   Could this eventually become US law, and if
> so, could you imagine the consequences?

It could only become US federal law if introduced as a bill in the
Congress. Individual states could pass similar legislation if they so
desire, just as individual states are introducing and passing
legislation covering identity theft and the proper disposal of
business records.

I will leave it our attorney subscribers to provide information on why
employers have a right to monitor electronic communications in the
workplace as well as using video surveillance. Much of which comes
about due to litigation. Many cases have been decided based upon
emails found within an organization. The email monitoring ensued to
protect the company from future litigation.

--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va