Sender:
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 23:57:06 -0400
Dear Colleague,

Electronic Records Management (ERM) is a field with many
questions, and no easy answers, but perhaps some best
practices.  The University of Maryland’s Center for
Information Policy is conducting a study to identify those
best practices for the National Archives and Records
Administration.  As part of this study, we would like to
invite you to participate in an online survey.  The survey
aims to gather information about current electronic
recordkeeping practices in the public and private sectors.

This brief questionnaire requests information on systems and
practices that records management professionals use in their
regular course of business and should require no more than
30 minutes to complete.  While we hope that as many
respondents as possible will complete the whole
questionnaire, you may exit the survey at any time by
selecting the “exit survey” option at the top of the form.

All information provided will be reported only in the
aggregate or anecdotally without attribution to individual
respondents.  To protect anonymity, we will not request e-
mail addresses.  However, as soon as the results of the
survey are finalized, we will post another message on this
list providing a link to the report.  We hope that this
survey, and our report, will assist in laying the foundation
for future research in this area with benefits to both the
public and private sectors.

Please click on the following link to connect to the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=32194870383

Again, thank you for your time!  Your response is greatly
valued.

Sincerely,

Lee S. Strickland, J.D., and Susan Davis, PhD
College of Information Studies,
University of Maryland