Sender:
From:
Paula Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 11:10:48 -0700
I usually sit in the background reading what the list gurus offer however I
have to ask....has anyone read the Patriot Act and critiqued the document?

AOL's poll is similar to asking the general population what "records
compliance" means.  I would get 4 million different answers, identifying
that the majority would never have bothered to research the term, in order
to even understand the ramifications of their vote.

Any government policy should come under review and update as
appropriate.  I believe that such review needs to be done in a reasonable
length of time from the policy/law/statute/regulation's publication or
enactment.  Without review and update or supersession we would still have
laws on the books that allowed the hanging of a horse or cattle rustler in
18 western states.

I love a democracy.

P.S.  To Bruce:  We southern Californians know our weather is superior, but
whenever someone seems to offer this as a comparison to the rest of the
country, we end up with 2 months of "June Gloom."   The marine layer fog is
rolling over the bluff above Scripps as I write this, so hush!  Have a
great weekend.  <grin>

Paula Johnson
UCSD