Sender:
From:
Keith Hileman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 14:57:05 -0400
(Please excuse crossposting...)

OK...time to request major career advice here... and to vent a little.

I'm presently in my second semester of library school (although I'd
taken classes many years ago while in law school).

I absolutely LOATHE the classes I'm in and the method it's being taught.

(It's distance learning which I've always had positive experiences
with previously!)

I don't really WANT to be a librarian - information technology, yes,
but 'librarian' - no...

IF I finish this scholarship program, I'm obligated to work in a north
or central Florida library for two years following graduation.

I believe there is flexibility in what position I could fill so I
could work in information technology, but would still have to do it in
a library setting.

My problem is that I really want to move into legal records
management.  This two year 'repayment' would be two years away from a
field I'm ready to move forward in...

There's the usual argument that I shouldn't be a 'quitter', but I'm
really questioning whether the MLIS will benefit me in legal records
management.

Opinions, please...probably off list is best...

--
Keith Hileman

Your health comes first; you can always hang yourself later. (Yiddish proverb)