Sender:
From:
Juanita Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 17:42:05 -0500
Ages ago, a vendor said they had a scanner that was used for bound items
that couldn't be taken apart, and I believe the equipment was designed
for COLD/COM output.  The books would be opened and scanned without
turning them over - the scanner was OVER not UNDER the pages.  It was
used primarily for archival purposes with fragile books, was more
expensive per page, and required an operator with a very steady hand.
Good luck!
Juanita