Sender:
From:
Helena Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 11:16:00 +1000
<I've had reason to prowl around the syllabuses of several Australian>
<library schools recently, and I'd have to say I came away fearing
massive>
<boredom.>

Being in my final semester of a MLIM course in Australia I must agree
that massive boredom is unfortunately what does happen, and I have ended
up working in RM.

Univeristies are cutting back on electives and as a result everyone
gets to do the same thing with very little variation or scope for
personal interest. While this makes monetary sense for the university I
fear that all it is doing is churning out graduates who are clones of
each other with the same knowledge and this cannot be good for the
industry and more people will turn to RM  (not that thats a bad thing :)
)

Cheers

Helena

Synercon Management Consulting