Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 13:09:21 -0400
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On 5/26/05, Johnson, Earl [CRDUS non j&J] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 I'm not talking about auditing your own records program, I'm talking
> about auditing the vendors who provide services to your records management
> program.

The best thing to do is what work with your Internal audit group. That
is their job ie conduct audits and to provide an objective viewpoint.
Your contracts with third party vendors should include a clause that
allows for you the customer to perfrom audits. If I'm not mistaken
HIPAA regulations require that business associates such as imaging
service bureaus  and records storage facilities to be audited.

--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va