Sender:
From:
"Hagan, Dianne CAR" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 11:49:01 -0400
One of my twin daughters was awarded a prestigious internship at Lincoln
Center for 2005-06. We're all very proud of her! BUT... she needs some
temporary housing in NYC from June 27 - July 23 to attend the orientation.
She and her sister plan on moving to NYC in September, but we hadn't planned
on paying on an apartment for the full summer! Wondering if anyone knows of
a trust-worthy individual who might take in a boarder or who is traveling
and would be willing to sublet their room or apartment. Safety is my top
priority as this is the first time my daughter will be in NYC without her
twin sister (sometimes two makes a parent feel better). My daughters are 21
and just graduated with BFAs in contemporary dance performance and
choreography from North Carolina School of the Arts. Any suggestions are
appreciated. We have already checked Craig's List and really don't feel all
that comfortable as there are lots of messages out there pointing fingers at
would be creeps looking to meet up with whomever. We've also checked several
Y's and hostels -- many won't take an individual for 4 weeks; others have no
space available.

Thanks! And sorry to go off topic, but I know this knowledgeable group will
have some good suggestions. Please email me directly:

Dianne Hagan