Sender:
From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:13:25 -0700
Sure, payroll data, as well as certain other electronic records series
here, are designated as vital records.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/06/05 10:08AM >>>
Hi all, and with apologies for cross-posting,

1. Is there such a thing as a vital electronic record? Not an
electronic
system capable of producing electronic records, such as a CRM, email,
or
accounting application - but an individual electronic record such that
we
would classify it as a vital record and take appropriate precautions
with
it?

2. What would those precautions be? Backup to tape is not the answer
because
tape backups do not generally do so at the individual record/message
level.

I have my own thoughts I will share, but I want the practitioners'
take
first.

Cheers,

Jesse Wilkins