Sender:
From:
Michelle VanAllen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:04:16 -0400
1. Does your organization use aperture cards? Yes

2. If so, what size microfilm do you load/mount in/on the cards?
35mm.

3. Does your organization still produce aperture cards? No, the cards
are produced by a vendor using TIF images that we FTP to them.

4. If so, what camera/equipment do you use? None, we had a planetary
camera up until this past January. It was very old and we could not get
service or parts for it anymore. We began to analyze replacing it and
decided instead to outsource the production of the cards.

5. Are you still able to procure cards for loading or mounting the
microfilm? The cards are supplied by the vendor who produces our cards.
We never had any trouble procuring cards before.

6. If so, what brand or supplier do you use? n/a

7. Does your organization still have aperture card repositories (i.e.
records on aperture card microfilm?) Yes,we have a large repository at
records services and there are dupes in some operating areas.

8. If so, are the cards accessed? Yes, but less and less frequently. We
are currently implementing content management so drawings will be
available electronically in most cases.

9. What reader or reader-printer do you use? We use Minolta and Canon.
We have an IDEAL scanner for cards also.

10. Are you aware there are national and international standards for
microfilm aperture cards? Of course.

Michelle S. VanAllen
Supervisor Records and Administrative Services
Santee Cooper
PO Box 2946101
Moncks Corner, SC 29461-2901
(843) 761-8000 ext. 5340

Confidentiality Notice:
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or reply to this e-mail, and delete all copies of this message.