Sender:
From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:53:28 -0500
Having just read Lee's reply I wish I worked for the government  !!!!    A
few years ago (right after starting at my current employer)  I was
subpoenaed by a grand jury ,in a time charging action against my company.
We produced 17 yrs of timecard destruction that showed we had followed our
retention policy(which the retention period had changed twice).  When in
the jury room the attorney randomly opened the binder to a page and asked
me to show that we consistently followed the retention/destruction policy
at the time.  I did, was thanked for my cooperation and excused.  The
point is if we weren't able to show consistency of the destruction process
over time we were in trouble.  That evening consisted much BBQ and Beer.
It's funny that if the legal action worked the other way there might have
been much more doubt as to consistency.

Steve