Sender:
From:
"Alan S. Zaben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:23:42 -0400
Over all the years that I have been a member of this listserv, I have seen a
wealth of information provided on this listserv, at the same time I have
wondered if Saklad is a real person or merely a robot-like machine that is
programmed to concatenate words and phrases into sentences that while they
may have reference and meaning to whomever created the machine, do nothing
to better the knowledge or experiences of those of us in the Records and
Information Management profession.

Though most of us know not to respond to, and even speak about Saklad given
his history on this listserv, I wish to add to the words of my friends Larry
and Doug, and impart this thought to him paraphrasing and with apologies to
Sir Humphrey Appleby:

We recognize that the few times we have even waasted our time to read his
written excursions into mindless drivel, they occured before his advancing
years, without in any way impairing his verbal fluency, disengaged the
operation of his mind from the content of his speech.

Though this listserv is open to anyone, I believe our list-Mom and Dads
should block Saklad as we would any other non-biologic virus that seeks to
infest us with its diatribe-like manifestations.

Alan

ALAN S. ZABEN
"A 16 Year Cancer Survivor"
Edison, NJ

Cancer may have robbed me of that blissful ignorance that once led me to
believe that tomorrow stretched forever.  In exchange I've been granted the
wisdom to see each today as something special, a gift to be used wisely and
fully.

Nothing can take that away.