Sender:
From:
"Huizinga, Mark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:39:09 -0600
So a CRM has more value than a MLIS?

-----Original Message-----
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of White, Bruce
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Univ RM Job Posting in Denver

Whitaker,

You beat me to the punch. They sure are asking a lot for a little.
Unless a
person is really desperate and living the Denver area, I wouldn't even
consider applying for this position.  Denver's cost of living is
extremely
high (all of the Californians left for cheaper pastures, raising the
housing
market) - $50K won't get you much except maybe a two room shack out in
the
suburbs.  And I believe the Univ of Denver is located in the downtown
area,
which means a long commute.

Now maybe someone with an M.A. degree in History, Library and
Information
Science might consider the salary reasonable, I don't know.  But an MBA
with
a CRM, forget it!

Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Manager, Records Management
Sempra Global
619-696-4671
619-696-2534 (Fax)
619-952-7145 (Cell)

"Paper kills-and more
paper kills more."
                Judah Best, JD

"Sempra Global is not the same company as the utility SDG&E or SoCal
Gas,
and Sempra Global is not regulated by the California Public Utilities
Commission."