Sender:
From:
Brenda Pruitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:03:52 -0400
Does anyone have a formula to calculate the cost of storing boxes?  I
got this question this afternoon from senior management, which needs an
answer before noon tomorrow.  I know that I probably need the cost of
the real estate and the number of boxes.

We have our own records center which holds approximately 35,000 cu.ft.
boxes in all storage areas.  Most of the shelving is 2 boxes deep, with
six boxes per shelf at 14 shelves high.

Perhaps it might also help to have an acceptable average cost per box
that the storage industry charges.

Welcome your input.

Brenda Pruitt, Records Manager
+ American Red Cross
Hazel Braugh Records Center and Archives
5818 Seminary Road
Falls Church, VA   22041
Ph:  703-813-5383  Fax:  703-813-5389
E-mail:   [log in to unmask]