Sender:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:41:38 EDT
Long, long ago I took my degree with a major in Business Administration and
a minor in history. That was at a teachers' college. My MBA was in Accounting
and the minor in international relations. Turned out to be a very workable
approach. Coupled with on-the-job training with NAREMCO, I was on the way.
Interesting, history was my original choice. Knew I didn't want to be a numbers
juggler and wondered what happens to all the records that accountants handle,
so  my master's thesis was "The Preservation of Accounting Records." The Prof
raised  an eyebrow and said, "What? Oh, well, give it a chance." Bob Schiff of
NAREMCO  was teaching at NYU at the time, read it (why I don't know) and I
ended up with  a fellowship with that concern. That ended my teaching career
(which still came  in handy) and headed me into a very satisfying career. The
rest is  history.

Information is a interdisciplinary subject and organizations that treat it
as such have far greater success in its management.

Bill