Sender:
From:
"mckinney, susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:55:30 -0500
Apologies to non-members.

An Open Letter to ARMA Members:

Folks:

The Strategic Planning Committee of ARMA International is meeting the first weekend of August to discuss and plan for ARMA's future.  As chair of the Strategic Planning Committee, I am asking all ARMA members to please take a few minutes, look over the documents on the ARMA web site under governance, and let me or other ARMA board members know what you think.  This is YOUR Association.  Your input is greatly desired on the direction ARMA goes.  However, make no mistake - we are moving ahead.  ARMA and our profession are in a great position right now, and decisions are being made that affect all ARMA members and all records management professionals.  You can be part of what is happening, or you can sit back and let the leadership make those decisions for you.  It is your choice.

The Strategic Planning Committee will be working with several key issues in August.  We will be discussing ARMA's International Strategy.  We will be discussing the ISG program.  We will be discussing and possibly even changing the Radar Screen.  We will be discussing ARMA's mission statement.  These are all areas that many of you have strong opinions about.  Please let us know what you, as ARMA members, are thinking and wanting in these key areas.  Otherwise, decisions will be made based on what the Strategic Planning Committee thinks.  We will be making decisions with or without member input.  We would rather have member input.

I look forward to hearing from ALL of you.

Thank you for your time.

Fondly,

Susan McKinney, CRM
President Elect, ARMA International