Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 06:11:52 -0700
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
> Readers may want to consider a proposal I have made to my chapter (GLA).
> Action will devote a few minutes at every chapter meeting to inform members
> about national issues and solicit input. It may result in generating
> interest and involvement. Who knows, it may well increase member voting
> participation to above 17% (it has been less at times). About 1% responded
> to the international survey on the ARMA website. It would also be in line
> with the Beacon report about national/chapter relations.

We've been doing this also Bill, ever since I took over the Golden Gate
Chapter. We always start off with a short blurb on what's happening at HQ
and in the Association in general. In addition, although all of the members
SHOULD be getting the surveys, announcements, etc. I always try and forward
them on to the Chapter members just to make sure they're aware and encourage
participation in surveys and elections.

Larry