Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:50:12 -0700
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On 8/16/05, bobd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Did I miss an announcement? Is there going to be a listserv party in
> Chicago? Need party to pay off debts to Peter and renew old acquaintances.

Ahhhhh... the Listserv Party at Conference! One of my most favoritest
thingys!!!

Well, I guess this year is going to be a bit tougher to organize, as this
being the 50th year of ARMA, there are planned events "out the wazoo" that
many of us are going to be attending... especially those in ARMA Leadership
positions. My understanding is there is a big Shindig planned for Saturday
evening for present and past leadership and while I don't know the where and
when of this, likely many of the folks who are "regulars" at the Listserv
party will out of courtesy (and somewhat, a sense of obligation) be
attending this function.

I'm hoping Patrick (or one of the other Chicagoans) on the List will be able
to come up with a suitable venue, hopefully in walking distance or a short
cab ride, from the hotel and Conference center that 30-50 VERY PARCHED
individuals could meet at on an ad-hoc basis, because we seldom do this by
reservation.

The only time recently we made a formal gathering out of it was in New
Orleans, where we essentially had a whole club to ourselves for 2-3 hours
and then strolled down the street to a restaurant "to continue the
punishment" (5 points to those who can recall the name of the venue in NO; 7
bonus points to anyone who can also recall the name of the restaurant!!)...
that year, there were hats and buttons and the whole bit, but I can
guarantee you I'm not up for trying to do that again... STILL counting my
losses over the folks who wanted hats that didn't show up or pay!!! =(

So, why don't we continue this thread here... as long as we don't push the
70 message envelope... or we can move it to the OT Yahoo Group (if it starts
to get too detailed here).

Thirsty Larry