Sender:
From:
Bob Nawrocki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:00:19 +0000
Right now the implementation of rights management requires that specific
rights software be installed on an additional exchange server in order for
rights management to be implemented. You can check the list archives to see
what was discussed about this previously.

When I was with the Commonwealth of Virginia we advised state and local
agencies to not implement the  rights program since it violated the public
records act. As with most software programs this is an area where RM has to
work with IT/IS/IR in order to make them aware of the problems associated
with the software.

Right now it requires a positive act on behalf of the software owner to
implement, it is not automatic. My concern is that this becomes the default
setting and automatically implemented. Once again working with the IT staff
is key.

Bob

Robert F. Nawrocki CRM
Innovate and Infuriate
My opinions are my own and not my employers.