Sender:
From:
Jackie Cohan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:12:53 -0400
Tod,

They're on the network, and it does make e-mails much easier to find.  Too
easy, in fact.  I am trying to ensure that e-mails that must no longer be
retained get destroyed.

Thanks!

Jackie Cohan, CA, MA
Records Administrator & Archivist
Archives & Records Center
City of Alexandria, Virginia

             Tod Chernikoff
             <tchernikoff@HOTM
             AIL.COM>                                                   To
             Sent by: Records          [log in to unmask]
             Management                                                 cc
             Program
             <[log in to unmask]                                     Subject
             UFL.EDU>                  Re: Question about e-mail and
                                       personal directories

             08/25/2005 01:08
             PM

             Please respond to
                  Records
                Management
                  Program
                 UFL.EDU>

Jackie/Larry/Et Al:

Another thought comes to mind on this subject.  Are these personal
directories (I will assume you are speaking of directories set up and
controlled by individuals and not directories of personal information as
opposed to City records.)...

Are these directories on hard drives or on LAN/network personal space?  If
they are on hard drives that would make them extra vulnerable to loss, in
addition to the added risk of exposure if not destroyed/deleted upon the
end of the LVA approved/dictated retention period.  They are also much
harder to find during discovery as opposed to those on network space.

Just my thoughs for today.

Tod

Tod Chernikoff, CRM

PS - Jackie - say hello to Annette and Jean.