Sender:
From:
Michael Keohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:05:44 -0400
What a coincidence.  Following is an email excerpt from our (BCBSNC) CEO.  I am considering offering my experience just as Robert described.

From Bob Greczyn, CEO of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of North Carolina:

... Many of you have asked what can be done in the wake of Hurricane Katrina’s devastating effects. I want to share with you what we as a company are working on and also touch on how we’re responding to the rapid rise in gasoline prices * and possible shortages * that have resulted from the storm.
 Under the leadership of Kathy Higgins, our vice president of Community Relations, we are assembling a team to develop both a short-term and long-term strategy for assisting storm victims. The team will explore many possibilities, ranging from additional financial contributions to enabling BCBSNC employees to participate in the rebuilding of New Orleans and other affected areas. This would be in addition to the $100,000 we’ve already committed to kicking off the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association disaster relief effort. We’ll share more details as Kathy’s team develops its plans. In the meantime, one way you can participate is through this year’s United Way campaign, which started last week...

Mike Keohane, CRM
Project Mgr., WorkPlace Resources
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
919.765.2337 office
919.765.7106 fax
919.730.9511 cell
"Innovative Health Care Designed Around You"

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain individual protected health information ("PHI") that is subject to protection under state and federal laws, or other privileged, confidential or proprietary information of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina that may not be further disclosed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/07/05 12:52 PM >>>
I had a brainstorm and wonder if anyone out there has any thoughts about
it. Utility companies usually send extra crews to disaster areas to help
restore power to affected areas. Has anyone thought about RIM volunteers
that could help with recovery once the situation is more stable? It
might be a tough sell to get an employer to allow some of their RIM
personnel off to volunteer for RIM diasaster recovery but has anyone
thought about it or tried it?

Rescue operations are still on going and some RIM recovery operations
have been stalled at checkpoints from what I have read in RAIN. I also
realize a lot of RIM professionals in the gulf states may not have jobs
for a while or not at all considering the destruction in some areas. I
am aware of disaster recovery vendors but I am sure much more assistance
will be needed. Any thoughts out there?

Rob Seibolt
Records Management Aquila