Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:22:10 -0700
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:

> Can any Member advice as to whether any Storage Shelving Systems with
> Waterproof protection available? Alternatively, which is the best
> Mechanial / Mobile shelving systems in the Market.

You may find "WATER RESISTANT", but will not find WATERPROOF.

I think you need to consider the storage conditions and then determine the
best type of shelving to use in the environment, and if there IS NO EXISTING
environment and you intend to build one specifically for housing records,
then there are steps you may want to take to design a space that may meet
your needs.

You could, for example, build a 6 sided vault that is protected by a fire
suppression system which if constructed on an upper floor of a building that
is outside of known flood plains, would essentially be a "waterproof"
environment, irrespective of what type of shelving you install.

As far as identifying "the best", again, this depends on your volumes, usage
patterns, frequency of access, staff size, and the configuration and types
of media you are storing.

Larry

--
Larry Medina